47. If a person has strong religious beliefs, the risk of divorce is 14 percent less and having no religious affiliation makes you 14 percent more likely to get divorced.
48. If you’re an evangelical Christian adult who has been married, there’s a 26 percent likelihood that you’ve been divorced-compared to a 28 percent chance for Catholics and a 38 percent chance for non-Christians.
49. According to Dr. Jennifer Glass, one of the strongest factors predicting divorce rates (per 1000 married couples) is the concentration of conservative or evangelical Protestants in that county. The correlation can be seen on this figure: (insert divorce counties image)
Education and Intelligence
52. Those with “below average” IQs are 50 percent more likely to be divorced than those with “above average” IQs.
53. Political affiliation and it’s impact on divorce: Conservatives are the least likely to be divorced: Conservative 28 percent, Liberal 37 percent, Moderate 33 percent.
54. If you live in a red (Republican) state, you are 27 percent more likely to get divorced than if you live in a blue (Democrat) state.
55. 60 percent of cohabiting couples will eventually marry. However, living together prior to marriage can increase the chance of getting divorced by as much as 40 percent.
56. If you are a female serial cohabiter – a woman who has https://besthookupwebsites.org/cs/militarycupid-recenze/ lived with more than one partner before your first marriage – then you’re 40 percent more likely to get divorced than women who have never done so.
Where You Met
57. According to this study at least, if you met your spouse in high school, college, or grad school, you are 41 percent less likely to get divorced.
58. The other major difference was couples who met in bars were 24 percent more likely to get divorced than expected.
Your Sexual History
59. Women who lost their virginity as a teenager are more than twice as likely to get divorced in the first 5 years of marriage than women who waited until age 18 or older.
60. A 2011 study at the University of Iowa found that for both men and women, the loss of virginity before age 18 was correlated with a greater number of occurrences of divorce within the first 10 years of marriage.
61. When compared to women who began sexual activity in their early 20s, girls who initiated sexual activity at ages 13 or 14 were less than half as likely to be in stable marriages in their 30s. – (in this study a stable marriage was defined as a marriage of over five years).
THE HARMFUL EFFECTS OF EARLY SEXUAL ACTIVITY AND MULTIPLE SEXUAL PARTNERS AMONG WOMEN
62. Women with 6 or more premarital sexual partners are almost 3 times less likely to be in a stable marriage.
Where You Live Impacts Your Likelihood to Be Divorced
- Nevada at 5.6
- West Virginia at 5.2
- Arkansas at 5.3
- Idaho at 4.9
- Oklahoma at 5.2
- Iowa at 2.4
- Illinois at 2.6
- Massachusetts at 2.7
- North Dakota at 2.7
- Pennsylvania at 2.8
65. Arkansas has the highest rate of individuals married 3 or more times. Men and women in Arkansas are twice as likely to be married 3 or more times than the national average.
Your Habits, Your Marriage
66. The risk of divorce was said to be almost doubled – 97 percent higher – when the mother went out to work but her husband made a “minimal contribution” to housework and childcare.
67. In 2011, Facebook was cited as a major contributor to 1/3 of divorce petitions examined by one U.K. study.